Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Astro City-Kurt Busiek

I really enjoyed reading this comic because the storyline was so unconventional and very grounded. For example, Samaritan seems to live an escapist's life because he doesn't seem to truly enjoy what he does. Although he sees the value of his job it seems like he would rather be in his dreams flying. I really enjoyed how disconnected and uncomfortable he was in his own life which is apparent from the opening shot of him living happily through his dream. I really related to this hero because I feel like sometimes it's easy to escape in my dreams. I felt that volume one of this comic was filled with so much emotion and mood in which the viewer can relate. This is probably one of the most powerful comics that I have read. I definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment