Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Naruto-Masashi Kishimoto

I decided to read some Naruto this week for the Manga week because it has been a manga that I enjoyed since I was a kid. It is based on a boy named Naruto who has big dreams of becoming the city's leader (Hokage) one day. Although the story is based on such a simple plot, this story is composed of 700 manga volumes. I think that the text is really relatable and the content is very immersive because of the relationships that are developed through the story. I also noticed that the content was heavily emotionally driven and I couldn't help but become so attached and wearied by the characters. 

One element that I really appreciated about this manga was the multitude of quiet moments that appear throughout the manga. It reminds me of the point the Scott McCloud made about panel-to-panel transitions. He mentioned that in more Eastern comics, the storytellers use more aspect-to-aspect transitions to represent reflection. I think that this quality is probably one of my favorites because it really lets the mood of the previous moments just resonate. 

I also really enjoy how the gestures and emotions of the characters are really exaggerated. I think that this quality is more accurate to the emotions that we feel.


Overall, I think that this manga is great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment