Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Review of March-John Lewis

The plot of March is based around the first hand account of Congressman John Lewis and his participation in the Civil Rights Movement. It's a great autobiography that is told at such a great pace. I really enjoyed how the timeline of the story transitions from past to present. I feel like this works really well. I also really enjoyed the gritty style of the art. The rough pen textures exaggerated the emotional distress and struggles of that era while the textures are knocked back on the more quiet moments. The writing also exuded a great sense of mood and really allowed me to be totally invested in the story. It's filled with highs and lows and takes you on an emotional rollercoaster. I think that this is a great medium to adapt such a powerful story.

No comments:

Post a Comment